About Me

My photo
Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom
Hello there, my name is Sharon and I live in Westcliff on Sea with my two daughters, Rosie Matilda and Rumer Valentine and, when he's home from uni, my son Sydney. I opened my shop Roses & Rue in July 2009 and this has been a long held dream realised. I have recently given up teaching so that I can focus on building the business. As well as being fanatical about knitting, I love to crochet, sew and generally have a go at all things crafty. Hopefully you will take a little time out now and then to visit the blog and find out whats been going on in my busy world.

Saturday 30 October 2010


Hi all, I know I keep promising to blog more frequently but at the moment I just don't seem to find the time to do anything other than work work work. Not that I'm complaining too much. The shop is quieter than I expected for the time of year, in terms of people buying yarn and fabric etc but then half term is always weird and things are very slow. That said, we seem to have orders coming out of our ears, for our 'made to order' service and are struggling to keep up. What I want to know is...why are people less keen to make things for themselves and more inclined to want 'made to order' stuff? Where's the satisfaction in that? Call me old fashioned, but isn't the idea of making things and being creative more exciting???? Or am I part of a dying breed?
Anyway, pleased to report that the Christmas Special Ideal Home mag has now been published and within the first week I have had several orders for the 'Easy Stocking Kit', as featured in the mag,which would appear to contradict what I have said above, I know. Maybe its a geographical thing. I've noticed that the orders have come from the Midlands, Home Counties and oop North generally. So is it that people in Leigh on Sea don't have the time? Or the inclination? Any ideas? Let me know what you think............ PS dont forget to get your copy of the mag, its great!

No comments: