About Me

My photo
Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom
Hello there, my name is Sharon and I live in Westcliff on Sea with my two daughters, Rosie Matilda and Rumer Valentine and, when he's home from uni, my son Sydney. I opened my shop Roses & Rue in July 2009 and this has been a long held dream realised. I have recently given up teaching so that I can focus on building the business. As well as being fanatical about knitting, I love to crochet, sew and generally have a go at all things crafty. Hopefully you will take a little time out now and then to visit the blog and find out whats been going on in my busy world.

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Bag Lady

What a scorcher! There was a time when I would have laid out in this heat and toasted myself but these days I find myself hiding in the shade. Still, with a nice view out onto the garden, I have been sitting at the Bernina making a bag.

I appliqued a nice heart on using the lining fabric I chose and then tried a little bit of free stitching to add some swirly designs which echoed the fabric.


Then I put the bag together, lining it with the lovely green fabric I found in a little shop - a snip at £2.99 a metre.



Finally, some bag handles and hey presto a nice green bag to put my stash in.......


I really am taking advantage of the children being away. I'm off out with my dear friend Debbie, for a glass of wine and some tapas. A perfect opportunity to use my new bag x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hola, que bonito bolso!A mi tambiƩn me gustan mucho los bolsos hechos a mano.
Hello, nice bag! I also really like the handmade bags.
Charo
www.cosiendoyaprendiendo.blogspot.com