About Me

My photo
Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom
Hello there, my name is Sharon and I live in Westcliff on Sea with my two daughters, Rosie Matilda and Rumer Valentine and, when he's home from uni, my son Sydney. I opened my shop Roses & Rue in July 2009 and this has been a long held dream realised. I have recently given up teaching so that I can focus on building the business. As well as being fanatical about knitting, I love to crochet, sew and generally have a go at all things crafty. Hopefully you will take a little time out now and then to visit the blog and find out whats been going on in my busy world.

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Busy Busy Bees


Spent the weekend in Deal, my favourite hideaway ( I have a 10 year plan to retire there!). Much relaxing and eating and drinking was the order of the day. I seriously did not want to come back and face the piles of work waiting for me. It was maybe a little silly to go away when I have Village Green coming up - but sometimes you just have to follow your heart.

Whilst having lunch in the Black Douglas, a quirky and lovely bistro type place, I found this lovely mosaic on a wall made from crockery. It has given me some ideas for my garden.


Rather unbelievably, I have recently and very tragically lost another friend, Laura, and it has taken my breath away. I am now determined to try and find time to relax as well as fit in all the hectic things that fill my day. I will stretch that 24 hours and make it longer...


No comments: