About Me

My photo
Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom
Hello there, my name is Sharon and I live in Westcliff on Sea with my two daughters, Rosie Matilda and Rumer Valentine and, when he's home from uni, my son Sydney. I opened my shop Roses & Rue in July 2009 and this has been a long held dream realised. I have recently given up teaching so that I can focus on building the business. As well as being fanatical about knitting, I love to crochet, sew and generally have a go at all things crafty. Hopefully you will take a little time out now and then to visit the blog and find out whats been going on in my busy world.

Monday 6 September 2010

knitting squares for blankets


Hi all

well I'm back at college, and so far have managed to survive (early days). I should be preparing resources for lessons but decided that blogging is far more fun, so here I am.

I just wanted to remind everyone that we are still knitting and crocheting squares ready to put together as blankets which are being sent out to the orphanage in Mozambique. So if you have any spare stash, make some squares (6inches x 6inches) and drop them into the shop. It would be most apreciated.

We are also going to be making squares at the Village Green so do come along and support us, tell your friends, family, neighbours, anyone that will listen, as its sure to be a great day again. Any money that we can raise on the day will be given to Coco's Foundation so that we can support the continued development of the Orphanage.

Special thanks to Barbara and Lisa. Barbara made the blanket in the picture and Lisa made the soft toys, which will be gratefully received by the children.
PS I'm back to patchworking tonight and I can't wait....bliss!

No comments: