About Me

My photo
Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom
Hello there, my name is Sharon and I live in Westcliff on Sea with my two daughters, Rosie Matilda and Rumer Valentine and, when he's home from uni, my son Sydney. I opened my shop Roses & Rue in July 2009 and this has been a long held dream realised. I have recently given up teaching so that I can focus on building the business. As well as being fanatical about knitting, I love to crochet, sew and generally have a go at all things crafty. Hopefully you will take a little time out now and then to visit the blog and find out whats been going on in my busy world.

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Childrens Party


Saturday was incredibly busy with 8 ladies in to do 'Patchwork for Beginners' and then our very first childrens party in the afternoon. The party was a great success and the children made some brilliant sock creatures, as you can see. Sue and I really enjoyed it, although we both agreed we were very tired at the end of the day.

Later that evening we went to a 70's birthday party for Emma's 4oth. Don't ask me why but we decided to visit the pub first dressed in some very strange 70's attire. There just happened to be a load of rugby players in there, also celebrating a 40th. I haven't got any pictures to show you but someone thought we were 'fortune tellers'!!!!! I thought we looked very fetching, especially Sue in her 'Margot' wig. I must find some photos to post so you can see....

No comments: