About Me

My photo
Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom
Hello there, my name is Sharon and I live in Westcliff on Sea with my two daughters, Rosie Matilda and Rumer Valentine and, when he's home from uni, my son Sydney. I opened my shop Roses & Rue in July 2009 and this has been a long held dream realised. I have recently given up teaching so that I can focus on building the business. As well as being fanatical about knitting, I love to crochet, sew and generally have a go at all things crafty. Hopefully you will take a little time out now and then to visit the blog and find out whats been going on in my busy world.

Monday 20 June 2011

Rain rain go away

I can't believe Monday has come around again, without me finding the opportunity to blog. The week has been hectic, as usual, but fun and fruitful. This week has seen the Leigh Art Trail, which has been a great success for my lovely friend Emma who sold all but a few of her paintings. On Thursday evening we had a reception and it was attended by the local celeb, Phil Jupitus, who purchased one of Emma's star exhibits.

'Yeah!' Emma with one of her exhibits

On Wednesday it was Borough Sports day for Ru and she was allocated the task of competing in the Javelin discipline (not that she had seen one before the event). She had three shots to try and get it as far as she could. The wind was blowing straight at her as she took her first shot which went up in the air and came back down at her feet! Ru's dad and I cringed as we saw her embarassment but she didn't give up. Her next two shots, following some sound advice from other competitors, were good enough for her to come third so she was really chuffed!
I came 3rd Mum, Yippee!



So here I am back at Monday and its raining as I watch Andy Murray make it really difficult for himself to get through the first round. I've done my usual trawl of the charity shop circuit and found a picture for a very cheap £1, which will be added to the gallery when I get a chance.
Monday Find

Finally, what better way to spend the evening than making squares for the two throws that I'm in the middle of doing, whilst drinking a cup of tea! Oh happy Monday everyone xxx


Little Piles of Happiness!


No comments: