About Me

My photo
Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom
Hello there, my name is Sharon and I live in Westcliff on Sea with my two daughters, Rosie Matilda and Rumer Valentine and, when he's home from uni, my son Sydney. I opened my shop Roses & Rue in July 2009 and this has been a long held dream realised. I have recently given up teaching so that I can focus on building the business. As well as being fanatical about knitting, I love to crochet, sew and generally have a go at all things crafty. Hopefully you will take a little time out now and then to visit the blog and find out whats been going on in my busy world.

Friday 10 June 2011

The week in pictures

What a great first week in the shop as a full timer!

It's been a roller coaster of fun and emotion and I feel pleasantly exhausted as we go into the weekend. First of all, on Tuesday I attended a first aid course, which was really interesting and useful. Tuesday evening was very special as Sam finally finished her first project. I have to say Sam, you are a star. The jumper is great and you made it in less than a year after all!!!!!
Not bad for a first effort, Sam!
Then on Wednesday we had an apron making session as you can see. It really brought out the domestic goddess in us all.  It's amazing how wearing our finished articles made us want to rush home to bake.
Pat went with a flamenco feel, the pockets are handy for her castanets...
Then Friday, Jen visited to show us her poorly foot.  And spot the nail varnish!  She may be in plaster but she has standards!!!!  Never a dull moment at Roses and Rue!

No Jen, YOU get in the car!
Frankly, for sartorial elegance nothing competes with Jen's foot covered by a blue plastic bag during a rain storm, where Jen leads Vogue will follow.

No comments: